UFFICIO is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By “Personal Data” we refer to information collected or held by UFFICIO, that identifies and relates to you as an individual.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulations and any other applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations (“Data Protection Legislation”), UFFICIO will be the ‘data processor’.
Whenever you provide personal information, we are legally obliged to use it in accordance with the laws concerning the protection of personal information. UFFICIO LIMITED is a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 05725033 whose registered office is at St Christophers House, Ridge Road, Letchworth SG6 1PT, England, (“UFFICIO”).
Information we may collect
We may collect personal information about you, including:
- Your name;
- Postal address;
- Email address;
- and Telephone numbers (including mobile);
- Information we are given prior to and during and after assessments – please see separate section: “Sharing information gleaned during assessments.”
- Information you give us during telephone conversations, meetings or other types of communication.
We may also collect technical information about you when you visit our Website. This information may include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform, browser plug-in types and version, the full URL clickstream to, through and from the Website, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information about your visit(s) to the Website may also be collected. The collected information is used to provide an overview of how people are accessing and using the Website. It is not used for any additional purpose, such as to profile those who access the Website.
What do we do with the information we collect?
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including:
- To process order requests;
- To give you information that you request from us and to improve our services;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- To allow us to operate the Website efficiently;
- Any relevant troubleshooting, testing or statistical analysis as appropriate; and
- To keep our Website secure.
- HR and HMRC purposes when this relates to a member of our staff.
We may, where we have your permission, also use the information collected to:
- Provide you with information about our services that we offer via promotional emails;
- Keep you up to date with features on the Website; and
- Permit selected third parties to provide you with information about goods or services they feel may interest you (a list of such third parties will be available on request)
- Provide an Employee’s Employer, a Student’s DSA Access Centre, a ‘Patient’s’ Occupational Therapist, a ‘Patient’s’ Physiotherapist etc (who we, for the sake of this Privacy Statement refer to as the ‘Instructor’) who may have instructed us to carry out an assessment with information about the employee’s/student’s/patient’s etc. medical and physical issues that they may have disclosed to us during the assessment - please see “Sharing information gleaned during assessments.”
- Provide certain delivery/installation services with your contact details – please see “Sharing information with Delivery and Installation Service Providers.”
Legal Basis of Processing
We will only process your information for as long as we have a relevant legal basis to do so. This is usually in order to provide you with products or services you have requested and purchased from UFFICIO or if you have provided us with adequate consent to process your information for other purposes.
If we choose to process your information under the legal basis of legitimate interests, we will always inform you of our legitimate business interest and your right to object.
Protecting your information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and we have procedures in place to try and prevent any unauthorised access or disclosures and to safeguard and keep secure the information that we collect online or through any dealings and communications that we have during the course of our business.
All the Personal Data collected by us and stored electronically is backed up securely in the EEA only. Where required, this information is encrypted for additional security. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorise access to Personal Data only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
However, you should be aware that providing information over the internet can never be guaranteed as being completely safe and if you choose to send such information to us via the internet, you do so at your own risk.
Transfer of data outside of the EU
We shall not transfer any personal data to any country outside of the European Economic Area unless we ensure that such personal data is subject to an adequate level of protection and appropriate legal safeguards in accordance with Data Protection Legislation.
Sharing your information with others
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about the Website. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- we may use carefully selected sub-processors to help us collect, store or manage your information.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website; and
- if UFFICIO is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Share information gleaned during assessments, please see below.
- Share information with Delivery and Installation Service Providers.
Sharing information gleaned during assessments
When we are instructed by a customer to carry out an assessment (DSE Assessment, DSA Assessment, Seating Assessment, Product Assessment etc.) we generally provide a report for the body that instructs us (“The instructor” - Employee’s Employer, DSA Access Centre, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist etc.) and that report will generally include details of relevant medical issues that Employee/Student/’Patient’ etc. (‘The Subject) may have disclosed to us and/or has been disclosed to us by the Instructor, and personal details that we have noted during the assessment and influence the specification of the products and changes to the subject’s working environment that we may recommend. In these circumstances we will always ask you, the subject, to provide clear consent for us to do this by signing a consent form for us to do this; this consent form is unambiguous and clearly gives you the option of agreeing that this information can either be shared with the Instructor or directing us that we may not share the information.
Specialised goods that we provide you with may require that the subject’s anthropometric dimensions are given to a manufacturer or one of our suppliers by us so that the product we recommend is built to the correct size and specification for the right fit. However, in most circumstances, we will never identify the subject by way of giving their personal contact details to the manufacturer or supplier; if, for any reason, it is necessary for the manufacturer or supplier to have their contact details or other details, we will ask you for your unambiguous consent for us to do this.
Sharing information with Delivery and Installation Service Providers
UFFICIO has its own delivery and installation service and therefore generally does not need to give out our customer’s contact details to other companies or organisations to effect delivery and installation of the products that they may buy from us. However, where there is good reason for direct delivery from our supplier to the customer or that we send a parcel to them (This may be because of the large size of the order or its complexity, or it may be because the product is a small parcel etc.) when they become one of our customers, we will need to provide that supplier/delivery service with our customer’s contact details, and when this is the case we will ask the customer for their clear and unambiguous consent for us to do this.
Access to your Personal Data
You have rights in relation to any Personal Data that we hold about you. If you wish to access your Personal Data you may make a formal subject access request by contacting UFFICIO.
The information you request must relate to you or another person that you have authority to act on their behalf. UFFICIO will require a confirmation of your ID prior to providing any information about the data we hold. If you are unable to provide sufficient information to prove your ID, UFFICIO reserves the right to refuse your request for access to Personal Data. The rights you have in relation to the Personal Data we hold regarding you are:
• The right to rectify any inaccuracies in the information we hold;
• The right to erasure of information in specific circumstances;
• The right to request transfer of your information to another controller; and
• The right to object to processing in specified circumstances.
If you have provided us with consent to process your information, you always reserve the right to withdraw this consent via the method detailed in the paragraph below. We are committed to ensuring that your wishes are respected and upon notification that you wish to withdraw your consent, UFFICIO will immediately cease processing the information in question.
We may change this Privacy Notice at any time to ensure it always accurately reflects the way we collect, use and safeguard your Personal Information.
Please check this notice from time to time to ensure you are aware of any updates we may have made to our Personal Data handling practices. The date of the changes will be listed in the 'Last updated' section below. We will notify all of our current clients of any updates to this notice via email and we will post the relevant announcement on our website homepage.
We recommend that you print a copy of this page for your reference.
How can you make a complaint?
If you feel we have not adequately resolved your issue, you have the right to issue a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office ( https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ ).
ICO Data Protection Registration
Our ICO Data Protection number is: ZA353685